The beginnings of the garden layout around Court II date back to the turn of the 17th century, a time when the bourgeoisie of the dynamically developing Gdańsk started purchasing suburban land on a greater scale, where they built manors surrounded by beautiful gardens inspired by the spirit of the renaissance. In 1800 the court and the whole layout were reconstructed and the whole complex was given the classicist form.
At the beginning of the 21st century – after having done renewal works of the architectural sites, renewal and conversion works commenced on the garden layout. The garden in Court II was subjected to two types of conservation works:
renewal, which aims to preserve and reconstruct the historical fabric;
in the heyday, the rule in shaping the garden space was to closely connect the residential building with the garden composition, that is why the garden architecture -  the gloriette, pergola, vases on the socles – takes classicistic forms; around the buildings of the layout were gardens in regular arrangements, while remote parts of the garden retained a natural arrangement both in terms of terrain and vegetation;
conversion, which aims to increase the usable and functional value of the historical site for the purposes of the present residents of that site – the Bridgettine Order; the conversion works included the construction of two gardens typical of monastery layouts: a rose garden and a patio (Latin: viridarium).